is merged into ESurvey CADD - Refer to
ESurvey CADD Release Notes
|RELEASE DATE : 01-08-2013
|All the bugs reported till 31-07-2013 fixed
The latest version of ESurvey Sections, Version 10.10, released on 18-07-2012 is incorporated with extra features and improvements which are listed below:
- What is New?
- Vertical table report
- Adding Cross Section at vertex point in road design.
- Export vertical alignment is available in road design Vertical alignment option
- In Apply Profile shift centre option is optional after importing final level from Excel template.
- Derive Layers
- Minor Bugs reported in version 10.00 is fixed.
- Alignment/Road Design
- Vertical Table report can be generated with details in Vertical Alignment.
- Curve report with Straight Segments option is available in road design plan option.
- Offset Layers are added in road design Plan option.
|RELEASE DATE : 10-01-2013
|All the bugs reported till 09-01-2013 fixed
|RELEASE DATE : 17-12-2012
The latest version of ESurvey Sections, Version 10.00, released on 17-12-2012 is incorporated with extra features and improvements which are listed below:
- Save As: Now you can save current ESurvey sections file to any desired location.
- Sample files and templates moved to File menu for quick access.
- Live presentation team viewer is available in HelpCustomers can now see presentation from ESSIPL team.
- New Menu for Road and Irrigation design
- During field book conversion now RL can be entered up to maximum 5 decimals
- Menu gets loaded automatically within cad software when we load ‘LoadESurveySections’ file.
- Grade is now represented as separate Horizontal line instead of along the line.
- Grades can be rounded off up to 2 decimal points.
- Now, LS can be exported as CS and saved as separate ESurveySection file.
- Option is introduced to change Datum to specific value for LS while in Print Sections.
- Now we can specify output location, when we generate Volume/Area report for Multiple Layers in excel sheet.
- Copy existing button is renamed as Fill Final for Apply profile.
- Multiple report now displays only the layers, which are in use.
- Profile Master now allows deleting all points at a time on any side selected.
- Canal Design is now available in ‘Premium’ Version only
- DERIVE LAYERS CS
- Merge Join option for Road Layers which helps to calculate the left out quantity between road layers and other profiles.
When widening the application of height for Road Layers can be considered from Remark points.
The road layers can be made as Horizontal when in Widening.
- ALIGNMENT/ROAD DESIGN:
- Export to 3D with Align plan
- Option to insert and View Topo file while aligning Horizontal Curves.
- Designed road can be now exported to 3D in CAD and one can visualize the virtual tour using Google earth.
- AREA CALCULATION:
- Area calculation between any two layers can be now controlled with only fill or only cut or both in the area calculation settings.
- Now Interpolate is faster than before.
- Data can also interpolated when we have curved alignment line.
- Improved chainage marker settings with default set. And can be changed according to requirements.
WHAT IS NEW?
|RELEASE DATE : 16-05-2012
The latest version of ESurvey Sections, Version 6.01, released on 16-05-2012 is incorporated with extra features and improvements which are listed below:
- New Server Based Licensing System has been introduced for Soft Key Registration.
- Now Volume Calculation can be done using Simpson’s 1/3rd rule.
- Now Project Settings can be created as required, i.e., we can select Default Project Settings as Road Design, Canal Design or General as per the Project requirement.
- When choosing the layers for Basic Settings, Area Calculation and Reports we can list and select only layers having Data.
- Gradient ratio can now be marked for all segments of a selected layer in CS View by giving gradient type in CS layers option under Settings.
- Graph options is provided to display graph from origin (datum line) or from center of the distance (i.e zero) in Section display(CS) under Settings.
- Detailed Multiple Calculation can be shown in Section Preview by checking Detailed Multiple in section display option under Settings.
- Profile Gradient and Slopes can be read according to your wish. This will affect in Profile master. The option for Editing is given in Other Settings under Settings.
- Area and volume report with different colors for Cutting and filling can be obtained. Also Choice of colors for Projection lines is provided in Other Settings under settings.
- Remarks for LS can be provided with color of Layer and Remark text can be wrapped with given characters. This option is provided in other settings under Settings.
- Now you can import various settings of one ESurvey Section file to another. This can be done through Import Setting option in Tools.
- Now, we can insert a Block with scale option to match the scaling of the drawing.
- Now, we can specify a Remark for placing of another profile with or without X & Y shift in Multiple Profiles.
- Now there is Profile store option which is a Library containing several profile patterns useful for Road, Canal Projects, etc. You can Import or Export the Profiles as per requirement.
- Now we have introduced a new template having the Start/Stop option , so that for a certain section we can introduce start-Stoop as required. Type1 for Start and Type2 to Stop.
- Now you can have intermediate sections between available sections. This can be done using the Morphing Option.
- Now in Edit CS data Start/Stop for any number of section can be given as required.
- ROAD ALIGNMENT
- Now there is Separate option for Road Design we can specify the required data and then create a Road Profile without going to Profile Master.
- We can also add different Road Layers for a Road Profile as required, this option is present in the Road Profile form itself.
- Now there is an Align Plan option for customer to Import an alignment line from CAD and Import the section data to fit on alignment.
- We can now view the Plan in the same Align Plan option and along that you can get the Toe report and Offset Layer Details.
- The above option you can also view the Offset layer such as Carriage line, Shoulders etc. Remember the name should be provided while creating the profile. Also Toe Points can also be exported to Excel file.
- You can quickly Preview any cross section in the Plan by just holding the ctrl key and a clicking on the chainage number.
- Now there is a new option for correction of Road profile known as Profile Correction.
- In the Profile Correction option we can view and update the best fit slopes to the profile for every section.
- CANAL DESIGN
- Now there is Separate option for Canal Design we can specify the required data and then create a Canal Profile without going to Profile Master.
- Variables like Bed width, Canal slope FB, FSD can be changed for required Reaches. This is done in the section variables tab in Canal Design.
- Select the Canal Design menu to apply the profile and also provide the soil depth.
- In Settings, there is an option Related to irrigation, such as varying slopes for soils. Bore option can be turned on to view the bore details in CS Preview.
Distances of Selected Layer can be shown as a New Layer in CS preview which is done by creating a layer in Derive CS Layer option present in the Modify menu.
- Now you can create a New Layer which interpolates the Values of one layer with respect to another Layer in CS preview which is done by creating a layer in Derive CS Layer option present in the Modify menu.
- Creating Parallel offset layer (As like using Offset command in CAD) is made possible in CS preview which is done by creating a layer in Derive CS Layer option present in the Modify menu.
- Now Create Parallel layer with respect to Height specified from First Layer. The Height is vertical distance from every vertex.
- This can be done by Derive CS Layer option present in the Modify menu.
- Additional LS lines with specified ends or with specified distance or Remark can be shown in LS view. Adding LS line is done in Derive LS layer.
- A Line from any Point of profile can be shown in LS drawing as a different Layer. Adding this line is done in Derive LS layer
- WHAT IS IMPROVED?
- Hatch options now are not only to select the colors for cutting and filling but also new features like controlling the spacing and angle of Hatch. Available both for 2 layers and Area Table.
- Now Sections can be made with Multi Color Pallet.
- Now control the visibility of Hatch for Cutting and Filling Layers separately.
- Now we can specify Gradient, Slopes on the basis of width or Height in Profile Master.
- Profiles (in Apply Profile) can now be applied at a fixed formation level for all chainages.
- Now you can provide input for up to 20 layers and import to Section Software.
- You can now input a maximum of 24 offset distances (left 12 and right 12).
- Highlight Point for Vertical alignment can be viewed.
- Now, there is option for Exporting the section drawing to DXF which can be opened in any CAD package. Set the option None (DXF) in the Default CAD platform.
- Now ‘Save as’ option of ESurvey Sections in file menu will save all the sections of the file to their specified name.
- Now Generate the Area and Volume Report in PDF format.
- Cutting and Filling Layers can be created and considered separately for Quantity calculations.
|RELEASE DATE : 23-09-2011
The latest version of ESurvey Sections, Version 5.60, released on 23-09-2011 is incorporated with extra features and improvements which are listed below:
- WHAT IS NEW?
- Now ESurvey Sections works with open office. Select Microsoft Excel or Open office and set it as the Default Spread sheet.
- Default Layer colours have been changed.
- Section Wise Volume Report and Area report can be generated from multiple options.
- In Apply Profile, copy and paste can be performed on formation levels from excel.
- Interval at Curve is introduced, which can be set from the Cross Section Settings.
- Settings Related to Curve is moved from Settings->Horizontal Alignment to Configuration in Alignment Screen.
- Transition type, Terrain, Road type and No. of Lanes etc. can be set in this screen.
- After importing a LS line, Section No. will get displayed for the respective Northing and Easting points.
- We can select and save the sections. Radius, Transition lengths and Speed is set for the selected sections automatically, which can be viewed in Curve Settings screen.
- In Curve Settings screen, all the parameters related to Curve can be edited. We can edit the LS lines, enter user defined Radius and also Calculate the Auto Radius.
- Temporary lines can be exported from CAD using Export Temp Alignment lines command (EXTL) and can also be imported to fit a curve (End points of temporary alignment line should match with points on main alignment line).
- Representation of Horizontal Curve, Transition Lengths and Vertical Curve is changed in LS.
- In Settings, Curve details now includes various parameters like Horizontal Intersection point , Apex Distance, Spiral angle extension, Long Tangent, Short Tangent etc. ,which will get display in Curve Table in Plan.
- PARALLEL LINES
- Intersect Layer has been introduced.
- Start Stop can be applied to the parallel layers.
- Along with Partial and End type options a few more options like Extrapolate by, Extrapolate up to, Extend by and Extend up to have been added.
- Gradient above or below option can be set for an entity if it is to be displayed when the profile is above or below the applied layer by selecting Join type as Gradient in parallel Layers.
- WHAT IS IMPROVED?
- Importing Alignment line, Ground levels and Offset lines can be performed using a single Import screen button for both CAD and Excel.
- Now Interpolation option is changed to Cross Section Setting. Interpolation and Alignment of Curve can be done together.
- The Summary of the selected Curve No. like Speed, Radius, Transition Lengths IN and OUT, No. of Lanes , approximate SE and Widening are shown in Super Elevation screen.
|RELEASE DATE : 07-07-2011
This new version of ESurvey Sections, Version 5.50, released on 07-07-2011 is incorporated with extra features and improvements which are listed below:
- WHAT IS NEW?
- Now E Sections is called as ESurvey Sections
- Globalization of the product is made. Different country based regional settings for support has been added.
- Product can be installed in any directory.
- Introduced Quick Launch of commands and Look up table for all lisp commands.
- Now Menu, Ribbon, Help and Quick launch commands can be loaded just by loading a single lisp.
- IN INTERPOLATE
- Interpolation is quicker and can work with larger data.
- When Interpolated, values will automatically be perpendicular to Cross section Lines.
- Now team viewer can be accessed directly via Product, from a short cut under help or using Start-> Program->ESurvey->Team Viewer
- WHAT IS IMPROVED?
- Temp path directory can be set in desired directory.
- Lock updater will get installed in Common files in C:\Program files\Common files\E survey directory) it can be accessed via Start->Program files -> ESurvey -> Lock Updater.
- CHANGED CONCEPTS
- Bulk Edit and Grid Edit is removed.
- CHANGED CONCEPTS
- Now Menu loading using a separate lisp (menuload.lsp) is dropped. Only by loading ‘LoadESurveySections” Lisp, menu and ribbon can be loaded.
- Now Temporary folder need not be c:\Eurvey\Temp. User can specify any directory as temporary directory by setting it using Set Temp Path (Start-> Program->Set Temp Path).
- Free utilities and More Lisp concept is dropped from ESurvey Sections. Now all free Utilities and most of the More lisps are available in ESurvey Lisps.
- ESurvey Sections specific More lisps also gets loaded when “LoadESurveySections” Lisp is loaded.
- Please run “Quick Command Help” to know the functions available.
- ESurvey Quick Sections – Excel Product is now available as ‘ESurvey Sections – Standard’.
- Field book shortcut is moved under Tools menu in ESurvey Sections and is available only with ESurvey Sections.
- Now Product works with any setting of country in Regional Setting.
- List Separator – “,”,(“;”)
- Decimal Separator – “.”, (“,”)
|RELEASE DATE : 12-05-2011
This new version of E Sections, Version 5.01, released on 12-05-2011 is incorporated with extra features and improvements which are listed below: Mainly Geometric Design feature is introduced in E Section in this version.
- WHAT IS NEW?
- Horizontal Alignment
- Importing Alignment data through Cad/Excel.
- Horizontal curve can be designed according to IRC standards.
- Simple Curve and Transition Curve can be assigned for fixing Horizontal Alignment.
- 3 types of Transition Curve Design - Clothoid, Cubic Spiral and Cubic Parabola, have been introduced
- Horizontal Curve Table as per IRC (Plain and Steep terrains).
- Vertical Alignment
- Importing data through Cad/Excel.
- Vertical Alignment can be designed according to IRC Standards.
- Allows calculating Sight distance, length and Curvature using simple utility.
- Vertical Curve Table is as per IRC standards.
- Super Elevation and Widening
- Super elevation and Widening definition as per IRC standards.
- Runout Gradient Terrain used are plain and steep terrains.
- Feature to define Additional Widening has been added.
- Plan drawing
- Generation of Plan drawing now include the curve details in a table.
- Offset Layers based on Profile Remark is introduced.
- Profile Creation of standard Roads for both Single and Multiple profiles are introduced.
- In built Interpolation (Section Creation along an Alignment line) is introduced.
- In Derive layer LS, Layer ends (Left and right most) and deriving profile points have been introduced.
- In Profile Master, screen Reset button is introduced to unset the variables for profile.
- In Section Preview screen, Select and unselect profiles in Multi-profile is introduced.
|RELEASE DATE : 21-01-2011
This new version of E Sections, Version 4.50, released on 21-01-2011 is incorporated with extra features and improvements which are listed below:
- WHAT IS NEW?
- Works with Bricscad.
- Works with GStarCAD.
- Left Right separate area calculation is introduced.
- In Section Preview LS Remarks is introduced.
- In Settings, We can change font, Height, width and color for Index which is introduced in Section Captions.
- Area calculation options like Join Layer, Extend and Extrapolate are introduced in Derive Layer CS.
- Two more lisps are added
- Export LS data by selecting line(LSEXP)
This is introduced under ESections Menu->Sections. After exporting you can import the data using IMP CAD option in Design Formation Screen
- Export CS data by selecting Lines(CSLE)
This is introduced under ESections Menu->Sections. Here you can export the CS data just by selecting a polyline
- What are the improvements?
- If there are many sections and if there is a level at 0 distance even for one section, then LS will be generated for all the sections.
Note: At least one section should have a level at 0 distance.
- When exporting section drawings to cad, layer line now gets exported as a polyline.
- Dimensions are reintroduced with captions.
- What is dropped?
- Area Calculation Types is removed from Settings.
- Update Formation is dropped.
- Plot Ready is dropped.
|RELEASE DATE : 24-12-2010
This new version of ESurvey Sections, Version 3.03, released on 24-12-2010 is incorporated with extra features and improvements, which are listed below:
- WHAT IS NEW?
- Works with Bricscad
- Works with GstarCAD
- Free Utilities:
- Field Book: Now more options are provided in Field book export
- Traverse: Now traverse correction is made simple with Least Square / Transit / Bowditch / Crandall methods
- Some minor Bugs are solved
|RELEASE DATE : 12-08-2010
This new version of ESurvey Sections, Version 3.02, released on 12-08-2010 is incorporated with extra features and improvements. Now ESurvey Sections comes with two additional add-ons: Interpolate and TopoDraw:
- MORE LISPS
Two more lisps are added
- Joining 3D Lines
- Incrementing Contour
- Traverse Correction and Field Book now run only from Utility Menu not from Explorer.
- WHAT ARE THE IMPROVEMENTS?
- Bugs are solved.
- Many icons changed to maintain uniformity and better look across the software.
- The Ribbons and Menus in CAD rearranged and revised.
- WHAT IS DROPPED?
- E Section – E Section Standard Version Dropped
- Removed opening of rarely used Template opening option from Open Template screen to avoid confusion
|RELEASE DATE : 12-07-2010
This new version of ESurvey Sections, Version 3.01, released on 12-07-2010 is incorporated with extra features and improvements which are listed below:
- WHAT IS NEW?
- ESurvey Sections is now made ZW CAD compatible
- ESurvey Sections is now made 64bit compatible so that it can be installed in Windows 7 also.
- MORE LISPS
- Traverse correction is included.
- WHAT IS DROPPED?
- Edit LS (beta) Removed.
- "Excel Sections" utility within E Section – Removed.
|RELEASE DATE : 14-02-2010
This new version of ESurvey Sections, Version 3.00, released on 14-02-2010 is incorporated with extra features and improvements, which are listed below:
- WHAT IS INCLUDED IN VERSION 3.00?
NOW, 6 LISPS ARE AVAILABLE IN MORE LISP DIRECTORY
SUPPORTING PROGRAMS THAT ARE INCLUDED IN ESURVEY SECTIONS
- Align text perpendicular to CS Line
- Change Layer of Centre Leves (LS Levels)
- Scale Line
- Mark Gradients on a line
- Project line from CS Line to any particular Section Detail Line
- Snap Text to nearest grid Value
- Bulk Plot
- Plot Ready
- Field Book
- Update Formation: From lines drawn in AutoCAD, Apply profile (Formation levels)
- Edit LS (Beta)
|RELEASE DATE : 01-02-2010
This new version of ESurvey Sections, Version 2.30, released on 01-02-2010 is incorporated with extra features and improvements, which are listed below.
- WHAT IS INCLUDED IN VERSION2.30?
- PARALLEL LAYER IN MASTER SETTINGS
This option is used to insert an additional parallel layer, which is parallel to a selected layer.
Also the following options entail with this feature.
Distance between parallel layers can be set
End points can be projected vertically, joined or projected with specified gradient
Left half and right half of the selected drawing can be configured individually with the specified gradient on each side
|RELEASE DATE : 11-01-2010
This new version of ESurvey Sections, Version 2.20, released on 11-01-2010 is incorporated with extra features and improvements, which are listed below:
- WHAT IS INCLUDED IN VERSION 2.20?
- For the Join Ends Area Calculation type, the lines will not be joined if the last point of the line is already on any other layer shown in the figure below:
- New feature called Print formula Calculation is in Master Setting.
- Use of this feature
- It is similar to print Area Calculation in drawing. But the Area calculation will come with the Formula (indicating values in the formula).
|RELEASE DATE: 20-10-2009
This new version of ESurvey Sections, Version 2.10, released on 20-10-2009 is incorporated with extra features and improvements which have been listed below:
- WHAT IS INCLUDED IN VERSION2.10?
- COMBINED AREA CALCULATION REPORT
With this option, the multiple area combination report can be arranged Chainage-wise. i.e. if multiple area calculation types are configured between two layers, then, in the report, all the calculation related to particular Chainage, are grouped together as shown in the figure above.
CONFIGURE PROPOSED LEVELS WITH RESPECT TO LOWEST, HIGHEST OR EXISTING POINT OF GROUND LAYER<
Now, the formation (Proposed) levels can be configured with respect to the highest point, the lowest point or the existing ground layer, unlike in the earlier versions where formation levels got configured with respect to only existing levels.
IN MULTIPLE PROFILES, VARIOUS PROFILES CAN NOW BE POSITIONED WITH RESPECT TO (REFERENCE) BASE LAYERS NOT JUST PROFILES.
This is done by adding a specific value to the Minimum/Maximum/Existing point of the Existing Layer as shown in the figure above.
While designing multiple profiles, the reference can be set for base layers as well as for Profiles, unlike the earlier version where only the profiles were allowed to be set as a reference.
HELP BUTTON IS INCLUDED IN THE LAYER SETTINGS SCREEN TO GIVE LAYER ALLOTMENT INFORMATION.
This feature describes the distribution of various layers in ESurvey Sections and why layer numbers are allotted and their purposes in the software. This will help the users to comprehend the product into greater depth.
|RELEASE DATE: 20-06-2009
|This new version of E Sections is incorporated with lot of features and improvements which have been listed below:
- WHAT IS INCLUDED IN VERSION2.0?
- BETTER INTERFACE
- The interface has been redesigned to avoid navigating to different screens to perform tasks, which are commonly used. All the frequently used features have been made accessible in the preview screen itself.
- Quick Launch Tool Bar: - Provides easy access to Reports screen, Layer Manager, Print Screen, and Generating drawing in CAD. It also incorporates functionalities like zooming in/out, refreshing the drawing, etc
- Navigation & Settings Tab: - - Previously what used to be known as Datum tab is now Settings Tab. All Sections/Drawing/Layers and Datum settings can be configured in this tab
Applying Profiles/Multiple Profiles (New Feature, Explained later) and Editing Profile Variables have been accommodated in the ESurvey Sections Preview Screen itself for easy accessibility and usage
- Section Preview: - Section Preview is now more dynamic and powerful with CAD like zooming ability as well as layerisation with which it is possible to switch on, switch off, Freeze, and rename layers
- Tool Bar:- Most frequently used operations have been provided in a tool bar at the top which are used to open templates, import data from Excel, edit data, generate reports, generate and print drawings and also create/apply profiles
- All settings in one place:- All the settings: drawing settings or sections settings or even datum settings, are all now done in Master settings menu which can either be accessed directly from Section Preview menu or by choosing the ‘Master Setting’ option under the Main menu
Partial LS to generate drawing only for a portion of LS and LS volume calculations can be done within the summary Tab of LS
- DRAWING AND PLOTTING
- Now, it is possible to scale and print the drawings directly within ESurvey Sections without the need to export it to any other CAD Software. For this, just click Print Sections in the tool bar at the top, select the printer and the drawing is ready for printing.
- Customize Drawings: Apply templates, preview it and adjust thESurvey Sections according to the template before printing it or saving it as a drawing file.
- Introducing a new behavior method for the two layers considered for area calculation- join ends where it makes the selected layers to meet at ends
- Dynamic Area Calculation :- Adjust the layer lines to get the required area.
- Area calculations between different profiles:-Get layer wise area/volume report between the multiple layers
- Trim Sections :- Trim the extra portion of thESurvey Sections and retain only the portion of section for which the profile is applied.
- Display Intersections:- Displays the intersection points of the layers selected for area calculation
- PROFILE MANAGEMENT
- Multiple Profiles: Apply up to 5 different profiles on a single section enabling it to design complex profiles
- Editing Multiple Profile variables: Edit the profiles applied for a few select sections
- WHAT IS DROPPED IN VERSION2.0?
- Profile Lines : Profile lines has been removed in the new version, as the same complex profiles which was earlier designed using profile lines can now be drawn using multi profile.
- Modify LS : In the new edition for ESurvey Sections, the ‘Modify LS’ option present under ‘Apply profile / Edit LS’ has been dropped.
|RELEASE DATE : 23-02-2009
|ESurvey Sections, Version 1.0, released on 23-02-2009 consists of many features that assist greatly for section generation.
- CROSS SECTIONS AND LONGITUDINAL SECTIONS
- Create Longitudinal / Cross Sections drawings with data in upto 6 layers.
- Interpolation of unknown points.
- IMPORTING AND EXPORTING DATA
- Import data from Excel. Upto 5 different types of Templates
- Import data From FieldBook.
- Import data from CAD along alignment or earthwork
- EXPORT DATA TO EXCEL
- Export data to Excel from ESurvey Sections.
- Export data to FieldBook
- Export to CAD?
- QUANTITY CALCULATION
- Area/Volume calculation using Trapezoidal and Nett Area methods.
- Report generation in Excel /CAD
- Earthwork Computations
- Design Profiles for any shape commonly used in Railways/Roadways/ Irrigation Canal
- Set conditions while applying profiles (Group)
- Derive gradient/difference from existing layers, for both LS and CS
- Print Area calculation report below the drawing
- EDITING FEATURES
- Edit Sections either by modifying levels or directly dragging the vertex
- Modify Longitudinal Section and Modify cross-section
- Bulk Editing of Layers