Interpolate Cross Section Values - CS Software Help
1. Select 'Edit/Interpolate Sections' option from Modify menu then Modify Section window will appear.
2. Select the layer from which you want to interpolate from the drop down box and select the section.
3. Then click on 'Interpolate' button then Interpolate Layer Ground window will appear. In this, you have 2 options
a) Interpolate at regular intervals
b) Interpolate at given distance
a. Interpolate at regular intervals : In this option, interpolation will happen between left and right most point available in the specified layer of the section when you
specify the intervals at which values has to be interpolated.
b. Interpolate at given distance : In this option, if you interpolate values at a given distance. Then you need to specify the distances at which levels have to be interpolated.
Note: - In this case, if the distances specified are beyond the end distances of section layer, then depending on additional setting i.e., 'Extrapolate beyond available distance' to be set. At such distances, it will be interpolated or extrapolated.
4. Extrapolate beyond available distance. If you select this option you have 2 sub options.
Extend Values : it will just carry forward the value of the last point of the section to specify the distance.
5. Extrapolate based on the last segment: This option will imagine that last segment is extended till specified distance and then it will determine the respective value.
6. After selecting the desired option click on 'Apply' to interpolate the values.
7. Then click on 'SaveAll' button in modify section window to save the changes permanently.
Note: - Once the changes are done you cannot revert back the old data.