Importing Cross Section Data from CAD - CS Software Help
1. Before importing the alignment data from the AutoCAD, we have to interpolate the values along the alignment as explained in the earlier help topics related to interpolation module.
2. Once interpolated values are available as shown in the drawing. Select 'Export Alignment Data(CSA)' option from the 'Sections' submenu under 'ESurvey CADD' Menu
3. Next type the box width which is an approximate width around the cross section line to export cross section data. Then select all the cross section lines from which you want to create the cross section.
4. The program will export the levels from a cross section which needs to be present in the layer name between layer1 to layer6. The exported data will be saved in a temporary location.
Open ESurvey CADD and create a New File with ‘Sections’ .
5. Select ‘CAD Import’ option from toolbar or ‘Import CAD Data’ from the Start menu . Click on the 'Import' button to import the exported data.
6. You may note that all the cross sections get created instantly after importing the data. Navigating through these cross sections is explained in detail in one of the following help topics.
When importing data from CAD, you also have the option to select ‘Advanced’ button.
7. If you import data through this window, then you have features like previewing the data before importing, porting the imported data to a different layer, renaming the sections while importing.
8. Import CAD through 'Advanced' option only when you wish to import data with an additional requirement.