Importing Cross Section Data from Field Book - Help
As discussed earlier, ESurvey Section allows you to import data from 5 different types of excel formats – Layers, Series, Classic, Fixed Distance and Field Book.
1. Select 'Template’ icon from the toolbar and then select ‘Field book’ and click on the 'Open' button to open a blank Field Book format.
2. You may note that Serial Number, Section Number, Fore Sight, Interim Sight, Back Sight, Collimation Level or Height of the Instrument, Distance or Offset, Side, and Remark are the column names in a field book. You need to fill this data.
3. You can open and see C:\ESurvey\ESurveyCADD\Sample\FieldBook.xls which is a readily available Field Book template sample file.
4. Click on ‘Import’ button and select ‘FieldBook.xls’ file.
5. The software will automatically calculate the reduced levels while importing the data. Once the data is imported, all the cross sections will be created automatically. You can navigate from a cross section to cross section in the preview screen.