Contour Software Help - Generate Contours in Interface
1. It is only possible if the contour is generated in the software interface, finding out the volume based on contour area is possible. Also, if custom contours are required, that can be done only in ESurvey CADD interface and not directly in CAD drawing.
2. you need to create a file by selecting 'Topo/Contours/Earthwork' option.
3. To import elevation, select CSV or Excel file from 'Import Data' option of 'Surface' menu.
4. You have to specify column numbers of Sl.No, Easting, Northing, Elevation and Remark as in import file. By clicking on the 'Import' button elevation data will be imported.
5. If you have boundary data in CSV file, even that can be imported.
6. Open Contour Map window from 'Contours' menu.
7. To create an automatic boundary from elevation data, you have to specify the appropriate scanning radius.
Note: Scanning radius is a factor which you need to specify to help the software compute the boundary. You need to specify the maximum distance at which you have taken elevation during the survey.
8. In 'Contour Settings' group, specify the contour interval and difference of elevation for major lines.
9. Select grid interval in 'Elevation Grid' tab and select options which you want to output in 'Display Layers' group. Select Contour, Boundary, Original Elevations, Contour Annotations, Grid & Grid Elevations.
10. Clicking on 'View' button contour map will be created.
11. Contour map generated can be exported as a CAD drawing by clicking on CAD button.
12. ESurvey CADD also displays 'Statistics' which includes Minimum Elevation, Maximum Elevation, No. of Contours and Area of given boundary.