Plotting of Spot levels in different Colour – Excel Macro
Plotting of spot levels or blocks levels are necessary to display the dips or high portions of the survey area. These are generally presented in cad format for better understanding and visualization. This can be achieved by simply plotting them with their coordinate locations by any method or by using some software’s or tools. In case these are to be plotted with different colours based on the range of elevations, then this excel template will be of help to you. The final cad output sample can be seen in the image below.
Steps to followed for creating drawing of Spot Levels with colour range.
1. Open this downloaded Excel template
2. In this worksheet type the details or copy and paste the values from another source. Data to be entered only in cells with white colour background.
3. Press Analysis button to see the “Plot Spot Levels” spread sheet.
4. Specify the required values in the top like Round off digits, Text height, rotation etc..
5. In the selection range option, there are two choices, automatic and custom, if automatic option is selected, then the value as specified in the range, frequency is considered for automatic calculation of the ranges along with their respective colours. If custom is selected, then first press clear all button and manually enter the ranges.
6. Click on “Legend” button and enter the required fields.
7. One of the Important fields is the Easting (X) and Northing (Y) of the legend placement, you need to specify the coordinates of the Left top of the legend to be placed, Also specify band Length, Band Thickness and Legend Text.
8. Now press “To Cad” button do the analysis and follow the instructions which appear in the message box.
9. Open the cad package
10. Set any style for text, but remember you need to to set the text height to zero
11. Paste the data with shortcut (Ctrl + V) or right click at command prompt and select paste option.
12. The drawing with colour ranges are plotted only with the elevations.