Earthwork Software Help - Export Data from AutoCAD
1. Open the drawing file having ground levels,boundary and formation levels.
2. To export ground data from cad drawing, select 'Export Ground' from 'Earthwork ' submenu under 'ESurveyCADD' menu option. Select the text objects representing ground levels.
3. Export boundary using an 'Export Boundary' option from 'Earthwork' submenu under 'ESurveyCADD' menu. Select the closed polyline indicating the surface boundary.
4. Open ESurvey CADD interface. Create a new project. 'Save' and 'Close'.
5. Click on 'Import Data' under 'Surface' menu.
6. Select 'CAD' button to import the data. After importing 'Close' the window.
7. Import boundary using 'Import Boundary' option.
8. Click on 'CAD' button to import boundary points.
9. Go to 'Earthwork' under 'Earthwork' menu, click on 'View' button which will show you the surface data and boundary.
10. Before doing the calculation, let you set important parameter grid spacing. Also set factors for displaying the required information like grid, grid annotations and grid elevation. Enter the formation level and click on the 'View' button.
11. Click on 'Volume' button to see the calculated cutting and filling volume.
12. Similarly, you can export formation level from CAD and import formation level instead of a constant formation level. Select 'Export Formation' from ESurveyCADD/Earthwork menu.
13. Select all the formation levels and press enter which will export the formation levels to the ESurveyCADD interface.
In ESurveyCADD select 'Import Formation' from 'Earthwork' menu.
14. Select 'Earthwork' and select 'Display' tab, switch on the Levels and Grid Elevations from Formation groups.
15. Select 'view' button and then 'Volume' button to generate the Cutting and Filling Volumes.