Convenient way to Create Table data as Native CAD Entities from Excel or CSV data
Time saver for importing data of regularly used Table
This module serves as a direct and dynamic excel tables to be printed in cad packages. All the fields, selection of number of rows and columns , customization of excel tables can be done in as single window .
Convert Excel or CSV data as an AutoCAD Table
One of the features of CAD Packages which still does not fulfill requirements is a table. There are many softwares available to convert Excel Data into AutoCAD. Some free and some commercial. In recent version of CAD Packages there is a direct Table Command, which can import data directly from CSV File and populate table, in spite of all these people are looking for solution related to converting data from Excel to CAD.
There are a variety of solutions to the same problem and we have added a new way to import excel data into AutoCAD. This is particularly helpful when similar tables are being created in CAD. Using Excel to CAD module of ESurvey Civil Tools, you can convert excel or CSV data into AutoCAD Drawing. One of the unique features of this package is that you can define most of the properties of the Table Entities like layer, Font Etc.
1. First, you Create one Project Called Sample_ExceltoCAD
2. Select ‘Excel2CAD’ from the Main Menu
3. You can see ‘Main Drawing’ Tree Item Under which there is ‘Tables’ Menu Item. Select that and click on ‘Tables’ button. Now Create a Table ‘Sampe’. You have 4 Columns. You can assign different Styles to header and details. You can also specify different height for the header and details.
4. Let us take a simple example of importing Point Data from Excel.
5. Close the screen, you will get a base table as shown on the Screen below
6. Now select, ‘Table Properties’ form ‘Ribbon’ Items. Change the Captions, Column width and Text Justification as shown below
7. Select layer item from ribbon and set layer properties
8. Select Import Excel button and select Excel Sheet where ‘Point Data’ is stored
9. Once you import the data, drawing will be ready. You can export it as Drawing File.
10. If we have multiple tables in the same drawing, then we can define more tables and insert all of them in one single drawing by selecting ‘Main Drawing’ Tree item and defining the X and Y position for Each of the tables.