Earthwork Software Help - Depth of Cut / Height of Fill
Using the ESurveyCADD earthwork module it is possible to calculate slab based volume calculation report. In some of the earthwork projects payment to contractors will be done depending on the depth of cutting or height of lift. In such case volume reports being generated depending on the depth of cut or height of lift.
1. Select ‘Advanced’ button in ‘View CS‘ window.
2. In the Advanced Calculations window, you can create volume calculation ranges.
Enter offsets 0 – 0.5, 0.5 – 1, 1 & above.Click 'Calculate' to see that drawing generated has different layers depending on the offset values you have provided.
Similarly, you can enter height ranges in Filling tab.
3. After defining all the ranges if you click on the 'Calculate' button, then drawings will be updated with respective cross section lines.
4. Report Generation: To generate the slab based volume calculation report. Select 'Reports' button.
5. After selecting the output directory,enter the project name. Select 'Drawings' and 'Volume Report' option and click on 'Generate' button. All the drawings and respective volume calculation report will be generated.
6. If you open the excel file and see the content, then you can know that multiple worksheets have been created depending on the range you have defined.