Derive layer feature is one of the important features in ESurvey CADD section module. Derive layer means,create a new layer data from the reference of existing data.
In ESurvey CADD you can create Standard Road Design with 2 methods.
a. Directly create the road layers using Road Profile concept.
b. One by one designing each template by template and assembling them together as an assembly and apply them.Create New Standard Road Template And Apply Road Layers to cross sections
1. Go to ‘CS Template/Assembly’ menu -> ‘Standard CS Templates’-> ‘Road profile’
2. Select 'Assembly' button, click triple dotted button and give name ‘Road’ in a grid in ‘Edit Assembly name’ and then close window
3. Enter dimension to all road parameters then clicks on ‘Create’ button
4. Select 'Road Layers' button,create Road layer name and give Height of each layer then click ‘Apply’ button
5. Go to ‘Apply CS Template’ enter 'From Section' and 'To Section' value, select Road (Assembly) from ‘Template/Assembly’ Drop-Down List and enter 'Final' levels, click ‘Save’ button
6. Go to 'Preview' window to see the cross section with Road assembly template
7. To add benching to all layer, go to 'Modify' menu->Derive CS layers->Road layer
8. Select 'ROADBASE' layer modify 'End Type' as 'Extrapolate By' then enter outside as '0.800' and InnerSide as '1' (because base layer to be extended till Median also),you may have to reduce all the above layers by 0.2 each.
9. In the derive layer setting below you can see reducing GSB width by 0.2M. Similarly, you can reduce for WMM, BM layers
10. Finally, output cross section will be like below