Derive Layer CS - Parallel - Cross Section Software Help
Derive layer feature is one of the important features in ESurvey CADD section module, Derive layer means,create a new layer data from the reference of existing data.
For example, in the sample cross section below, you required layers parallel to a top layer of the cross section. Parallel to top layer can be created using Derive Layer CS – Parallel Option.
1. Select 'Derive CS layers' from 'Modify' menu
2. To derive parallel layer first, select a 'Parallel' option from the 'Layer Types' tree view'. Click 'New' button and give derive layer name as SBDC, select resultant layer as 'Layer 41'. Select first layer as 'CARRIAGE WAYS', Join Layer as 'CARRIAGE WAYS', enter Height as -0.04(40 mm from the top of Profile), select 'Intersect' layer as 'CARRIAGE WAYS', select 'Project End' in Join option, select Checkbox 'Apply StartStop' option then, click 'Save' button.
3. New derive Layer gets created after saving above Parallel setting
Likewise,you need to create derive layers for DBM, WMM, GSB layers using Derive CS Parallel Option
4. For DBM layer with thickness of 85 mm, below Parallel setting to be done
5. To create WMM layer with thickness of 150 mm
6. To create GSB layer with a thickness of 150 mm, here 'End Types' additional option to be selected because GSB layer needs to be extended till shoulder slope.
7. After all the crust layers are created, you can see in the CS drawing 'Preview' window that parallel layers are created as per the derive layer settings.
8. In above section all layers created with respective thickness, now you need to extend Median layer till GSB layer. That means you have to extend median till Layer 44. same that can be achieved using derive layer CS parallel option.
9. Finally,cross section drawing generated with road crust layer using Derive CS Parallel option
Derive Parallel option offers much more features, you can create parallel line only on one side or create parallel lines with different lengths on a right and left aside. .