Cross Section for Road Widening - CS Software Help
Creating cross Sections with Road Widening in ESurvey CADD is very easy.
Road widening can be done for both the cases
Road widening by retaining a few of existing road pavements
Road widening with retaining all existing road layers
For example, below shown Cross Section, In this cross section, top two layers will be overlaid by retaining other layers.
It is important to note that in ground layer remarks to be given at offsets where the road ends. Say LE is left end of the existing road and RE is a right end of the existing Road.
1. Import ground data with remarks to indicate road ends,go to ‘CS Template/Assembly’->‘Standard CS Template->'Road profile’
2. Click triple dotted button and give a name for template, say “RD”, in ‘Edit Assembly name ‘ window then close. enter dimensions of road parameters and click on 'Create' button
3. Click on 'Road Layers' button. In 'Road Layers' window give 'Height' of each layer. Also, specify the left remark and right remark which indicates existing road ends then click on ‘Apply’ button
4. In ‘Apply CS Template’ window select 'From Section' and 'To Section', select the 'RD' Assembly in 'Template/Assembly' dropdown and click on 'Save' button. You can import the formation level as explained in one of the previous help topics.
5. Go to 'Preview' window to see the cross section with template
6. Open 'Derive CS layers' option under 'Modify' menu
7. In derive CS layer select 'GSB 02' road layer from road layer list, select check box ‘Widening’, Select ‘OGL’ as remark layer specify left remark as 'LE' and right remark as 'RE' and click 'Save'.
8. Go to 'Preview', now you can see widening cross section