Contour Software Help - Create 3D Surface from Point Data
1. When generating contours in CAD, if you switch on the '3D Surface' option in settings and generate the contour, you can note that triangulation is created along with contour, grid levels Etc.
2. Using the 3D view option of CAD you can view the 3D surface in different directions and also you can use 'shade' command or other rendering commands with an application of materials to have rendered a view.
3. If you have generated contour in ESurvey CADD interface, you can convert the contour surface data in 3D. After viewing the contour just click on '3D' icon.
4. Export 3D window comes up. Click on 'CAD' button you can get the drawing in a new window.
5. You have the option to export the 3D drawing to CAD package.
6. Once it is exported to CAD, you can use 'Shade' command to shade the surface and you can view it in the direction you desire using the 3D viewing option provided within CAD package.
7. If you want to quickly have a 3D view. Instead of exporting drawing to CAD, you can click on 3D checkbox to view drawing in 3D within ESurvey CADD.
8. Another method of exporting the contour surface in 3D is to export the contour drawing as a KML file.
Note: This option works only if you have license to use ESurvey KML module.
9. If the surface is in exact coordinates, then you can directly see the 3D surface at the exact location in google earth.