Under Lines, you can join points or blocks and find overlapping lines. Also, mark intersecting lines of different layers.
|1||JNP||Joint Points or Blocks depending on first and nearest selected Objects|
|2||OLL||Mark intersecting Lines of different layers|
Functionality: To join texts/ blocks depending on the first and it’s nearest selected object.Description: Joining text entities or blocks with a line, is a regular requirement while drawing the topological map of an area.
Example: joining all the Electric power poles in a map for indicating the power lines. JNP command draws a line joining the selected objects depending on the distance from the origin and nearest next point.
1. Type ‘JNP’ at the command prompt.
2. Select the Starting Text / Block: Select the starting text / block to join.
3. Select the remaining Texts / Blocks: Select the remaining text / block to join.
Menu:Mark intersecting lines of different layers (OLL)
Functionality: To mark the intersecting lines of different layers.
Description: In a topological drawing, a drawing is developed using the survey points. When working on bigger drawings, there may be mistakes in some areas, for example, some drain lines will overlap with the road lines. To avoid such mistakes, use the ‘OLL’ command, where you can find intersections between lines of different layers which are not supposed to overlap.
1. Type ‘OLL’ at the command prompt.
2. Enter the First Layer: Enter the name of the layer of the first intersecting line.
3. Enter the Other Layer: Enter the name of the layer of the second intersecting line.